Training Session where the focus is on defensive organization and offensive transition moments. Previously to this training session every sub-moments of the defensive organization have been trained several times. This means the players already had an interesting level of acquisition.
4×4+J – 3 Lanes
- Body direction in the contention position;
- Covering, concentration and balance.
- Defending team must defend in 2 lanes when the ball is in the side lane. When the ball is in the central lane, they must defend in 1 or 1,5 lanes.
Defensive Line GK+5×5 e Pressing GK+8×6
- Defensive Organization – defensive line; high pressure + attacking initiation pressure.
- Offensive Organization – attack initiation; 1st phase of construction; creation.
- Defensive Transition – ball lost reaction; recover of more conservative position.
- Drills performed at the same time. On one side defensive line work, on the other side pressure on the 1st phase of construction and opponents attack initiation.
On the Defensive Line drill, the blue team attacks the goal, the red team attacks the other end line. In the side lanes only the wingers can surpass the line with the ball controlled. On the central lane everyone can do it.
On the Pressing Drill, the coach switches the ball position. It can begin in the goal or it can start with a pass to one of the central defenders. The purpose is to create 2 distinct contexts: pressure on the opponent’s attack initiation and construction. Blue team attack the end line, in the side lane only the wingers can score, in the central lane everyone can. Red team recovers the ball and attacks against 2 central backs after the black line. After they pass the black line the attack lasts only 7 seconds.
11×11 Defensive Organization – Offensive Transition
- Defensive Organization – defending block medium-low;
- Offensive transition – understand when, where and how to attack.
- Offensive organization – 2nd phase of construction, creation;
- Defensive transition – ball lost reaction, recover of more conservative position.
- Ball stars always with the blue team in the midfield. When the red team recovers the ball they need to make a fast transition. Behind the black line only the blue team defensive line and the defensive midfield can defend. Behind the white line only the central backs of the blue team can defend. If the blue team can recover inside the offensive midfield, they can attack against the reds defensive line but need to make a fast transition.
Game with Limitations
- 25′ + 7′ free
- Defensive Organization – compact block.
- Every sub-moment performed in this training session.
- The defending team can only occupy 2 lanes, otherwise they defend only with the 2 central backs (when the coaches commands, if the team don’t obey)
Stretching + Lecture